About my upcoming for my biggest job interview with the canadian govt for computer support technican and any advice

I got another interview but this time it’s with the Canadian government on June 14,2022. The job description is in the link.Computer support technician

My only problem is the job experience that they will ask for like sccm, experience in the support of large multi-tier applications and systems and experience in powershell. I’ve only spent a little time on powershell due to my frustration with my ongoing sccm installation problem on my virtualbox for almost a month. Since I don’t have work experience on sccm,powershell,active directory but only learn only. I don’t know what large multi-tier applications are? I haven’t heard back from bc liquidation for almost 3 weeks ago and most likely I didn’t get the job position. Any advice on preparation for my upcoming biggest job interview ever? Update at about late afternoon I got an email back from bc liquidation saying that I didn’t make it. @ServerAcademy @ricardo.p

Hi @andrewjames21c

I have read the job post. Things like SCCM relate to just deploying software. It might be that another tier of IT Administrators is in charge of the configuration, and at this level, you just need to know how to use it to deploy software. Scripting languages and the other tools to me it seems you just need to be familiar with them. You can check out the modules related to these tools to have a better understanding of how they are used.

Sometimes due to the wide variety of tools, one needs to know, it is difficult to learn everything, and I have typically said during Interviews that I am a quick learner and if there’s a certification or tool I need to master I can search and learn, no problem with that, you are not alone.

As a Computer Support Technician, you will need at some point to fix problematic software on user’s workstations, like VirtualBox in your case. Take this as a challenge and research what’s the problem and how to fix it, that is most likely what you will be doing every day at the Canadian gov. The experience will come with practice and you’ll remember how to fix things once you see the problems.

Ricardo

3 posts were split to a new topic: New links for Configuration Manager 2103 or 2203