About the SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) category

Use this category for SCCM related questions. Also include screenshots, error messages and logs if available.

If you’re an active student having trouble with a lesson, please link to the specific lesson you need help with.

Greetings

I have installed Sccm,SQL, Adk & WindowsPE in my Lab environment

I realise I only the x86 Boot image and cant think of why the x64 boot image is missing

Please what am I missing ?

Many Thanks

Hi @mktk100

Not sure why, but see if you can add it. Check under this path to see if you have an amd64 folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment

Here’s a guide that might help you.

https://sysmansquad.com/2021/02/22/create-a-new-winpe-boot-image/

Ricardo

Hi @ricardo.p

That worked

Thanks a lot

Regards

Hi @ricardo.p @ServerAcademy

Studying through the sccm and have got couple of questions concerning Application Management

How are we going to grab the uninstall commands and Detection method registry keys in the registry (Hkey_Local_Machine) when the exe we are trying to package into sccm has not been installed on the pc yet… This was not explained in the course

Do I need to First manually install the Application on a separate Test machine to grab these registry keys ?

Also You deployed 7zip to the user collection but Google Chrome and Notepad ++ was deployed to the Device collection can you please explain the reason for the difference in which collection the Apps where deployed to

Thanks
Mk

Hi @mktk100

To grab the uninstall commands the only way to do it is like you suggested, installing in a test machine and getting them from there.

Deploying applications can be to user or device. In most of the cases is to device collections and here we were showing both use cases.

Ricardo

@ricardo.p Thanks for the response

Question: Do I still need to setup DHCP on the sccm server when I already have DHCP running on my Domain Controller ?

Regards
Mk

No, there’s no need to deploy another DHCP server if you have one already running.

@ricardo.p Thanks for letting me know, but I am still having issues with Section

I have installed WDS on my DC but did not configure as instructed in the lectures

However when I run wdsutil command to configure dhcpoption I get the following error

Hi @mktk100, not a problem, let’s figure it out.

From the command help we have the following:

[/UseDhcpPorts:{Yes | No}]

Specifies whether or not the PXE server should attempt to bind to the DHCP port, TCP port 67. If DHCP and Windows Deployment Services are running on the same computer, you should set this option to No to enable the DHCP server to utilize the port, and set the /DhcpOption60 parameter to Yes. The default setting for this value is Yes.

I read that DHCP is running on your DC with WDS. Is that correct?

Hi @ricardo.p Thanks for your response

Yes, I have both DHCP & WDS installed on my DC

There might be a conflict between WDS and DHCP. Can you migrate or deploy DHCP on another server?

Hi @ricardo.p thankf for your response

I fixed WDS & DHCP with this

Then Encountered issues with Task sequnce failing. found the solution in this blog

I think the SCCM course needs to be updated and people with their own environment needs to be considered

Thanks for all your help

1 Like

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for sharing it back with our community @mktk100 We will review the contents with @ServerAcademy