Active Directory Backups lab

When I try to chose the \SADC01\Backups folder I cannot get to it as it says it does not exist even after I have created it under the C:|drive of the SADC01 server just as Paul did in his video. If I try to type the \SADC01\Backups UNC path into Windows Explorer It only shows me sysvol and netlogin. What step might I be missing now?

Thank you,
Chris

I did reboot the server and that made no difference.

I was going to do a run through, but man these labs are crazy slow for me atm,

Sorry…
I wonder why the forums don’t like .\ never noticed it myself .\SADC01\Backups I was trying to type lol.
Guess you can’t type to back slashes together in posts

Hi @chrismix2010

Go ahead and create a folder on the C:\ drive and name it Backups. Share the folder so that then you can use it with the Windows Server Backup using \\SADC01\Backups

Ricardo

HI Ricardo,

I shared the folder and it still did not work until I rebooted the VM. Afterward it did allow me to navigate to the share. A couple of steps later I got this on my restore and opened another topic in the forum. At this rate I might need more than six months to compete all the courses.

“No Sysvol component was found in the specified backup”.

Thank you,
Chris King

Hi @chrismix2010

I remember a similar message when I did the lab, and I was trying to do the lab again but can’t see it. It might have been that something with the backup was not right or was missing and got that message.

You can try doing it again and let us know if worked the second time.

Ricardo

@ricardo.p,

I am doing Active Directory backup and snapshot lab but it has been stuck on BSOD.
Lab Link: 12: Active Directory Backups (labondemand.com)

Screenshot

Thank You

Hi @vidhyutv

I haven’t seen them that often. Windows going into BSOD for no apparent reason. The only thing here to do is reboot the machine and/or restart the lab.

Ricardo

@ricardo.p ,

As per your suggestion, I tried doing the lab again. But now this time, the system got locked in the middle of restore of the system state. I tried sending “Alt+Ctrl+Del” lots of times but it did not work. Eventually I had to reset the machine.

Now, after reset the machine is stuck on the following screen for last 10-15 minutes.

I really think there is something wrong with the machine for this lab and it needs to be rebuilt.

Thank You

Hi @vidhyutv

Yeah, that lab can take some time for the backup to work. Typically the reboot will take some time, as you’ve mentioned, since it is booting to the restored backup, so it feels like something is going on, but it should be workable during the lab time provided.

Ricardo