Active Directory Domains and Trusts

During my lab, when I tried to configure the 2 way transitive trust between ad.serveracademy.com and co.serveracademy.com. I got an error message that it isn’t a valid windows domain?
What can I do?

Hey, i believe I ran into the same error and it was throwing me off quite a bit. What I did to remedy the issue was take it out of safe mode in msconfig. If Youre talking about something else I’m sorry, please disregard.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. This is a different one not the run in safe mode task. but thanks ,

1 Like

If you cant reach the domain then most likely you’re not using the correct DNS servers. Please check your server to make sure it can resolve your target DNS domain name. If it can’t, it probably needs a DNS record created that will tell it where to look for that domain. Try creating a STUB zone if you havent already.

I’ve created a stub zone on the first step, and a 2 way transitive trust between ad.serveracademy.com and co.serveracademy.com. When I login from saws01 to co.serveracademy.com the login is successful, but it gives me an error when I attempt to login to ad.serveracademy.com from cows01. Error msg: " The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed"

1 Like

Somehow this one slipped off my radar… But saws01 should be joined to ad.serveracademy.com, correct? Try deleting the AD object and rejoining to the domain.

I was able to create stub zones for both servers but when I tried to establish two-way trusts, I got this error message. What did I do, incorrectly?

Hi @bigword

If the stub zones have been created and you can resolve via nslookup the other domain controller’s IP Address then the error message seems to be either a username/password issue.

You can follow the walkthrough under the video on the lesson Establish a Two-way Active Directory Trust.

Ricardo

Good day @bigword

Following up on Ricardo’s response, had you been able to come right on this request?

Kind Regards