ADUC Powershell Automation Lab

Something is not set up right in subject lab. When Resultant Set of Policy is opened, in Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components, Windows PowerShell is not present as shown in Image 1

This image also shows that I was able to run the powershell script.

In the Word doc of the “Enabling Script Execution for PowerShell” lecture, it shows that Windows PowerShell is present:

Please advise.

I noticed that the lab is using Administrator on SADC01 but in the Word Doc for the lecture it’s using Administrator on IPDC01.

Hi @jwernicke351

That’s correct, the “Enabling Script Execution for PowerShell” is not enabled. It will not appear when executing a rsop.msc. What the task check is if the Execution policy in PowerShell is set to Unrestricted as it can be Restricted, RemoteSigned, etc. We have changed the wording of the task since it was not clear.

The domain names are different as you just mentioned since the lab was a new addition to the video lessons after recording.

Thanks for your comments.

Ricardo.

The script ListUsers.ps1 has not been created or not in the Desktop, but it is.

Hi @jwernicke351

You are 100% right. It was an issue on our end that we have fixed now.

Thank you,

Ricardo

I think I am also experiencing this error. The file is in the right spot, but I can’t pass this portion.

Please Advise

Hi @robbw

I believe that the powershell command might be mssing something at the beginning. It need to Get something to then Select-Object Name. The out-file will send it to the path.

Ricardo