Confused on sccm CM 2103 for installing which version of sql server 2019

When I watched this tutorial video, I was so confused on that part
https://courses.serveracademy.com/courses/take/module-8/lessons/12965445-install-sql-server-2017

I’ve used sql server 2019 but I don’t know which version to install it only shows
express or developer and also, I’ve followed the direction from robert hill based on that post. SCCM prerequisite files - #6 by ricardo.p
since that tutorial Server Academy that I’ve been following and everything works thing except the sccm 1902 where I was on the part of
Installing SCCM Dependant Server Roles and here’s the post of that error. Problem with sccm prerequisite files

Hi @andrewjames21c

For your lab testing, you can install the Developer. Typically in a production environment, you install Standard or Enterprise.

SQL Server editions

This is from the link posted:

SQL Server Developer edition lets developers build any kind of application on top of SQL Server. It includes all the functionality of Enterprise edition but is licensed for use as a development and test system, not as a production server. SQL Server Developer is an ideal choice for people who build and test applications.

Besides the SQL edition Issue Andrew, are you still having issues Installing SCCM Dependant Server Roles or any other issue that we can look at together with @robert.hill ? We would like to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you,
Ricardo

Hi @ricardo.p I’ve got the part on module 8 installing-sccm-dependant-server-roles I got this error
installing sccm dependant server failure

Hello Andrew,
Did you happen to install .NET framework 3.5? That error 0x800f0950 looks like a .net framework error.

1 Like

Hi @robert.hill I was following the video based on that link Installing SCCM Dependent Server Roles - Lessons - ServerAcademy.com am I supposed to uncheck 3.5?

I think I managed to fix the problem and I was to uncheck 3.5 box.

actually I need to have 3.5 framwork install because i try to install microsoft endpoint configuraiton manger I got this error.

If I go back to add roles and feature wizard for checkbox 3.5 I will get the same error again 0x800f0950

update, I need to delete that virtual machine since I got an error after uninstalling windows update services and iss plugin. After recreating that vitual machine, I’m going to take a snapshot before installing the part of module 8 installing sccm.

Let us know how it goes @andrewjames21c

I’ve recreated and same problem again even chcekbox 3.5 and getting the same error again.

Hi @robert.hill and @ricardo.p I did checkbox the 3.5 and got the same error.

Click the Specify an alternate source path link to specify the path to the D:\sources\sxs folder. Make sure to have the installation media on the optical drive and then click OK.

It finally worked however on module 8 to install system center configuraiton manager edited I don’t know what to select

Hi @andrewjames21c

This is part of the New ConfigMgr setup. Choose to Install the primary site as a standalone site and click YES on the pop that appears next.

Ricardo

@ricardo.p

got an error

Check the following lesson on how to fix the SQL port.

Installing System Center Configuration Manager - Edited

solved the problem and used this article SQL Server Service running Account failed on System Center Configuration Manager | Mai Ali's Technical Blog

finally the nightmare of installing sccm is finally over and it works perfect on the virtualbox and thanks @ricardo.p for all the help and for the feedback on based on frustrated installation that I encountered for the past 2 weeks that module 8 link needs to be updated Server Academy

1 Like