Confusing to get into SCCM/MEPM/Intune

So after completing the SCCM I was messing around on my server and decided to look up some more info.
So for me, what I found is SCCM no longer exists under Microsoft’s banner as a selling point, I know it’s still there but for how much longer, I guess.
And they push you to Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which seems to be cloud based version of SCCM.
So that said I have another course I do regarding Microsoft Intune, mostly because re-entering the work force after a 10 year break I need as much info as I can brain drain…

Now this is where it gets all blurry, I setup my Intune free 30 day trail for intune, once logged in you go straight to the Microsoft 365 admin center, that then links you to Azure Active Directory admin center that then accesses the Endpoint manager which is also Intune now, and all appear to be cloud based, thus removing the need for many servers and even old exchange servers and client setups (ex cluding the millions probably still in use)

So I guess, I can’t find hard copies server wise for Endpoint manager unless you are using the re-branded SCCM, and to use Intune seems to be all cloud based and is either Endpoint or has been merged into it.

From all the features and options it seems like it is way way easier than SCCM configuration wise but limited in what you can do, as everything looks to be tagged to Azure AD and license, compliance tagging all over the place.

Some what confused as to, do you have to use Azure AD to use EndPoint or are there still server wide admin consoles, because I can’t find them anywhere. it all goes pointing back to EndPoint online admin center or Azure AD which links to Endpoint, with intune Mobile management built in

Any thought or experience is welcome. picture of what see when I login
So anything you do in MEM or MS 365 Azure AD all replicate to each other, with a license to Intune yet, oddly enough it falls under Endpoint, I guess due to the features of Intune being part of Endpoint manager.
I know you can still get SCCM and config Manager, feels like a whole lot of studying, labs and videos coming my way, or should I stick to a more solid understanding of SCCM ?

Hi @andrewfox.texas

It can be confusing at first with all the tools Microsoft has and how they integrate together for managing the endpoints.

SCCM no longer exists as such on the cloud and you can only use it with Intune (Microsoft Endpoint Manager) in a co-management solution. No more servers to manage on the cloud.

You need Azure AD since it will contain the Users and Endpoints. The portal to access Intune or Endpoint manager is https://endpoint.microsoft.com/. Microsoft has also some quick start trials around these technologies. For Intune you can check out this one: Quickstart: Try Microsoft Intune for free

To be honest, unless you are managing an on-premise endpoint manager as SCCM it will be good to learn it, otherwise, Intune’s Microsoft Endpoint Manager is another solution that works on its own and does not require SCCM. It is an advantage if you know SCCM since it will make it easier to understand Intune but both are different beasts.

Ricardo

I wish you guys could get an Exchange 2019 lab going, I know Microsoft doesn’t do Evals of that type of software.
I last used Exchange 2007 lol

Interesting, I last used the same version on-premise and from there only Exchange Online. In the meantime, if you want to practice and create a lab on Azure with the free credit they offer. You can follow this Microsoft doc: Exchange dev/test environments in Azure