Discovery Method cannot find my Windows 10 Computer located in Workstation OU

Hello Instructor Paul,

Discorey Method is one of the easiest configuration I could find in the SCCM but unfortunately, that continues to fail as I told you previously.

Does any one meet the same issues like me because it is so strange.

I repeat the procedure of installation step by step and once click on the start botton, I choose the entire forest and so on but nothing…

Please find attached the screenshot for more understanding,

DiscoveryMethod

DiscoveryMethodForDevices
DiscoveryMethodForUsers

How long do I have to way for the discovery methods to complete the jobs?
Because for me, as soon as I run the discovery,I attempt to check until half an hour.

Thank you in advance

1 Like

It definitely should discover the clients within 30 minutes. Your last issue was your OU selection as I noted above. Did you fix that? Set the discover to see the entire domain not a specific OU.

Hi Instructor Paul,
Now, everything is ok with me.

DiscoveryMethodForDevices
DiscoveryMethodForUsers

Thank you.

1 Like

Nice job!!!

I am experiencing similar issues Discovering my Domain Controller and Client Machine using Active Directory Discovery. All steps from the Client and User Discovery Methods (Video 37 in course) were followed.

1 Like

How long were the computers up? You will need to show how you setup device discovery. Keep in mind, you said it’s not working so we have to assume either you haven’t waited long enough or missed a step.

I have yet for discovery to recognize the Domain controller or client on domain. I ran the Discovery features about an hour ago. I currently have my Domain Controller and SCCM server up and running. Here are the requested screenshots.

1 Like

I see you setup Group Discovery… did you do the same for computers and users?

Yessir. My configuration for user discovery is is the last screenshot just above. Is there any other settings you would like to review?

1 Like

Hey @tannerjonesdsu,

Can you confirm that the AD computer objects exist in AD and are joined to the domain correctly?

Also try specifying the OU where they are located?

Greetings,
Getting back to basics, can you ping all the devices on your network?
Yes, be sure that you ran discovery for computers and users.
Also from your Domain controller did you extend the schema and create the System Management container and give the appropriate rights to the SCCM server computer account.
Hope this helps
Robert

1 Like