Domain Controller Lab and AD Backups Lab issues

Hello Paul,

I am having issues with Lab: Adding a second domain controller and Lab: Active Directory Backups.

In the domain controller lab, when I have to add a domain controller to an existing domain using “ad.serveracademy.com”, I am having an issue. When I enter the credentials for the deployment operation, I use “Administrator@ad.serveracademy.com” as the username and “Pa$$w0rd” as the password but it says that the server does not exist. I am sure that I did the steps leading to this point correctly but I was just curious as to why it wasn’t working.

In the Active directory backups lab, the issue that I was having was with saving the backup to the remote directory. When I need to specify the remote folder and use “\SADC01\Backup” as the directory, I get an error message saying the shared folder does not exist. Not sure why this is happening either.

Lastly, for some reason I cannot access the IT Labs on my Dell Latitude 5410. I can see it on my screen when I go to the page but when I type anything , the screen does not respond. Is there any specific reason for this? It works fine on my older laptop which is a Dell Inspiron 3531.

2 Likes

Hey @Lanreajala79, please send a screenshot so we can see exactly where you’re entering the credentials and screenshots of the error message. There are too many variables based on your description.

For the second issue - did you create the shared folder or verify that the share folder actually exists? Please include screenshots.

For the last issue - please include screenshots of what result you get. Sometimes lab sessions can get disconnected and you will need to reconnect to them:

Also it can be the web browser you’re using. Make sure its the most up to date version of Chrome.

Hi @Lanreajala79,

Following up on Paul’s reply, please feel free to reply to this thread if you need further assistance with your labs.

Hey,

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the assistance.

I found a way around these issues. I initially didn’t notice the ctrl + alt + del link in the upper left corner of the screen so that was my bad. As far as the other two issues, I still understood the concepts and am working to reapply them in my own personal virtual lab.

Once again thank you for reaching out.

Best,
Lanre

2 Likes

Wonderful news, thank you for letting us know.