Fsmo role transfer

am not able to do FSMO role transfer

every thing seemed to be fine during the process but getting here the first photo it was showing that
SADC01 & 2 was ONLINE but in 5 seconds SADC01 started showing UNAVAILABLE …

i still continued and then i got the error on the second photo

please kindly help

Hi @etinosa4good

I have seen that may be an IPv6 issue when disabled but let me check on the lab.

Ricardo

OK sure please let me know if its resolved or there is some thing more i need to do

thanks

Yes, the IPv6 might be the issue. I did the lab and installing SADC02 left IPv6 disabled while configuring the IP. Went through the steps and got SADC02 Unavailable. Enabled IPv6 and after a reboot, it stayed online.

Give it a try and let us know.

Ricardo

@ricardo.p ,

I am trying to complete the lab for “Seconday Domain Controller and FSMO Role transfer”. But I am getting issues. It says unable to find Domain Controller. I have double checked all IPv4 and IPv6 addresses including DNS server settings. Also, applied IPv6 fix you mentioned earlier.

Please let me know what can I do next?

Thank You

Hi @vidhyutv

I have tried to replicate the issue you are having. From the screenshot, the credentials and domain are okay since I get a different error message if I type them wrong. I see the server name is SADC02 so that is okay as well. If the networking is properly set I can just say maybe something was left out. Looking online I see solutions for other problems that don’t relate to this lab. I would suggest doing it again.

Ricardo

@ricardo.p,

I completed the lab without any issues. Followed the exact same steps yesterday without any issues.

Thank You

1 Like