I am receiving an error when trying to download the preq files for sccm setup in my lab environment

I am receiving an error when trying to download the prereq files for the SCCM installation. In the configmgersetup log i see “failed to download manifest 0x80004005” which tells me that the file may no longer exist on the microsoft site. I tried to get the files from the download to my server and I receive the same error

I am also trying to download the latest branch of SCCM and cannot find that. This is very similar to an existing topic however, I did not see a resolution for the error.

Hi @KOOKEJAR

Check out this post on SCCM prerequisite files and let us know if it helps you or you have any other issues.

Ricardo

Hello Ricardo…

Thanks for the response however, when I click the link to config manager I am taken to the below site.

This is what was happening to me yesterday and was so frustrating. Even if I search here for the current branch files I cannot find the download. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Right, the links changed from Microsoft again. We will update the links with @robert.hill

Greetings,
I have contacted Microsoft, and they are aware of the problem. Also I am working to get the baseline version CM2103. I should be able to update that link today.
thanks,
Robert

Hello Ricardo,

I have secured all the software that is required for the course. When Paul get’s back we will upload the links.

Morning,
My SCCM console is up and running. I wanted to know where there is a video that will show once you press f12 based on computer brand it takes you to the task manager screen and then a custom GUI that allow you to type in computer name and username and then image the computer. I did have access to this once, how do you make this?

Hi @jake.heilbroun

Is it pxe boot maybe? like this? Deploy Windows 10 using PXE and Configuration Manager

Ricardo

Hello Ricardo,

I moved from my lab setup to the Server Academy lab to install SCCM and I receive the same type of error in the SA lab. I moved the prerequisite folder to the C drive:

And still receive this error…

I wasn’t sure if it was the same issue regarding the Microsoft location of the files as the files were previously downloaded and reside on the server…

Thanks,

Keith…

Hi @KOOKEJAR

On the Server Academy lab you can find the prerequisite files here:

Ricardo.

Hello Ricardo,

Understood however, I am receiving the error I sent in the previous email. Looked at the log file and it states the file cannot be found. Similar to what I experienced in my home lab. I will give it another go but was wondering what you might have seen prior in that error…

Thanks,

Keith…

That’s right @KOOKEJAR. That error is because of the missing prerequisite files when checking online from your home lab or not being found offline when entering another folder that doesn’t contain them. If you point it to the folder I posted on the screenshot it should work, I tested and got the capture from the lab. It might not work in your home lab unless you copy the prerequisite files are copied.

Ricardo