I use a PowerShell script to install msu updates .cab updates?, but

Hello, unfortunately I have not found anywhere a solution, how to use the script to manually install this dynamic .cab update.

Regarding this tutorial:

Dynamic Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4579919. I can’t install it using the script: DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"c:\Temp\kb4579919\Windows10.0-KB4579919-x64.cab. CMD dumps The system cannot find the specified file. Error: 0x80070002. But I checked the specified file path several times and it’s correct. In cmd or powershell, this script, which advises me everywhere, doesn’t work.

I am installing this update on Windows 10 version 1909. Build is 18363.1082. Thank you for the advice.

If you know that the file is there - could it be possible that your script doesn’t have access to the file? Try redownloading the update as well. I a quick google of the error code 0x80070002 brought up:

• Error 0x80070002 is usually caused either corrupt apps or issues with Windows updates – some files are missing despite the update having been downloaded and extracted properly.

I also downloaded the update on another computer. I also tried previous dynamic updates for windows 1909: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Dynamic+Update+for+Windows+10+Version+1909

I need to install the downloaded update manually. But the command does not work:
DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:“path to image directory”

1 Like

Looks like you’re trying to install these three right?

Have you tried using Add-WindowsPackage?

Add-WindowsPackage
   -PackagePath <String>
   [-IgnoreCheck]
   [-PreventPending]
   [-NoRestart]
   [-Online]
   [-WindowsDirectory <String>]
   [-SystemDrive <String>]
   [-LogPath <String>]
   [-ScratchDirectory <String>]
   [-LogLevel <LogLevel>]
   [<CommonParameters>]

Not sure if I can get the same version of Windows up in a lab but I might make a lab environment to test this out.

Hey, I have the same issue, cant install it the way jirihajek says and neither with Add-WindowsPackage command… I am using most recent build of 1909, the file path and name are correct and error code stays the same.

To be specific I used command bellow:

Add-WindowsPackage -Online -PackagePath "C:\Users\Jakub\Desktop\UpdateWin10\CAB\windows10.0-kb4579919-x64_16711590a013264c47e57fc8a4f07333b313c8a2.cab"

Also screen:

I probably dont even need this update, but I cant find out how to install it.

1 Like

@woxanep196 It’s going to be really hard for me to troubleshoot when the errors aren’t in English - but you don’t want to install updates that aren’t applicable to your PC. First make sure you need it before you attempt to install it.

1 Like

Yeah I will probably skip this update, but anyway, it should be applicable on my pc, its just some kind of update for windows 1909 x64, which my pc meets. Update is marked as critical and descriprion says “This update makes improvements to ease the installation experience when updating Windows 10, version 1903 or 1909” which sounds important to me.

It’s going to be really hard for me to troubleshoot when the errors aren’t in English

That short error on 6th line says “System cant find the file”, which says every time, no matter how basic the file path and file name are.

The commands would definetly work on cumulative updates

Down bellow are links to update sources
Dynamic update info, Dynamic update info 2

PS: Dont bother with it too much anymore, thanks for time.

1 Like

Yes exactly. If the update were cumulative with a .cab file, everything would work with the following script: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAh3UTdj6R4

Because it is dynamic, it cannot be installed manually. They release these dynamic updates with a monthly frequency for Windows 1909. I tried to connect a Windows 1909 computer with builds 18363.592, 18363.1082 and 18363.1139 to the Internet and check for updates via “check for updates” and in no case did it download any dynamic updates. So apparently the computer doesn’t even need it. So what exactly are these updates for when they are released regularly almost once a month?

1 Like