Installers through Group Policy

I finally got the 7zip to install on the Member Server on in Lab 15. But it didn’t install on the workstation.
I didn’t put any real scope to the GPO, and it’s been applied to the Domain rather than a specific OU.

15: Manage Your Workstations with Group Policy (labondemand.com)

Why might that be?

GPO link

Hi @matthew.stricker15

I went through the lab reproducing the steps and noticed the two servers got almost immediately after the reboot but not the workstation.

Doing some troubleshooting I checked first if the share was accessible by typing in File Explorer:

\\SADC01\Software

and I can see the 7zip installer. Then opened a command prompt as an administrator and executed gpresult /r /scope computer and saw the GPO applied to the workstation but when searching for 7zip it was not installed.

While looking around if it was a user I remembered it was a Computer setting. The Workstation is joined to the domain as I can see it in the Domain OU in the server and in the Workstation itself.

I rebooted the workstation a second time and then I saw the 7zip app, so it might be needing a second reboot, or while you were checking it was installing it in the background.

Ricardo