Module 6 - Bld Win Domain - ADDC could not be contacted

Hello Again!

As in the title in on Module 6. I have Virtual Box installed. I’m following along. I have both VM’s running (IPDC01, IPWSUS01). Edited NAT Network settings prior to Running both machines. Edited the Ethernet settings for both.

I’m in IPWSUS01, I’m trying to troubleshoot why I can’t change the workgroup to domain instructorpaul.com. I’m getting an error:

(X) An Active Director Domain controller (AD DC) for the domain “instructorpaul.com” could not be contacted.

I’m kinda stumped. I checked all my settings. They seem to be correct. From the IPWSUS01, I tried to ping 10.0.2.10 and it Timed Out. I could use some assistance please. Below is my screenshots of both VM’s.

IPDCO1

IPWSUS01

1 Like

Found a small error but did not fix the solution. Still can’t change workgroup to domain instructorpaul.com

The IPDC01 preferred DNS server was at 127.0.0.1 I changed that but still no go :pensive:

1 Like

I can’t ping from IPWSUS01 to IPDC01
I can ping from IPWS01 to IPDC01

1 Like

[SOLVED]
Found the problem. Actually my brother found it the problem in under a min.

I have a bunch of master VM’s.

Ex. I hava a Master VM for Windows Server 2016. If I wanted to mess around with a server, I would just clone the master, re-name it. I didn’t realize that every time that I cloned it, it kept the same MAC Address. So when I was doing this module, there was a conflict because there were 2 of the same MAC Address.

For those who are experiencing the same problem. In advanced network settings for this in each of the Virtual Machine.

2 Likes

Restart both of your vm’s with Windows -> restart -> loss of network connectivity

1. Login on both servers as admin

2. try to ping on both server 127.0.0.1 == successfull ==> ping each server
    4 if ping fails post the network properties and wirefall properties from the two servers

2 Likes