Module 8 (Unable to add distribution point)

Operating system deployment

Adding an Operating System to Configuration manager-

I’m able to add the “distribution point” because SASCCM01 won’t populate. Please see attachments.

Greetings,
It looks like you have not added the distribution point role to your site server. Is that possible?
You can check this from the Configuration manager console, navigate to \Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\ Servers and Site System Roles
Select the Site System server and Right Click on the server, Select Add Site System Roles.
Click Next
Distribution point should be checked if not you can add it here. This step was covered in the course. But you should be able to add the distribution point.

Robert

Hi Robert, this time it let choose the distribution point for the OS. Now when I tried to do it for the boot images x86 & x64 the distribution point wasn’t available. Please see screen shots.

If you have successfully deployed each boot image from the PXE-enabled distribution point, that should work. I was going to tell you to right click on each boot image, then click distribute content. You will want to distribute content of both boot images. Please tell me if I am wrong, it looks like you may have already tried that?
You can check if these boot images are available to DP by checking the Content Status of each boot image. Under Completion Statistics you should see a green circle that indicates that the content is distributed successfully and is available with DP. Depending upon your network this could take some time. Are you seeing any other errors?

When I right click each boot img and click on “distribute content”, the next step is to choose the distribution point which are not showing. I checked the content status of each image and it said successful and showed that green circle.

![Boot Img x86|690x391]