Networking Starlink

Anyone networking with Starlink? I am looking at getting the business package and will need to firewall, etc. Anyone messing around with this yet?

1 Like

I have very limited experience with it. You have to verify your coverage. The up speed is a little slow but download can be pretty fast.

I have the service here. We are an extremely remote community in Alaska and it just became available about a week and a half ago. The service is literally a quantum leap, we went from having 4Mb down and 512Kb up with a geosynchronous DSL ping of 600-800ms to having speeds upwards of 200MB down and 20MB up with pings of 30-80ms. Its unreal.

I am going to probably put the business package in at the school district I run tech for and will need to be able to run it through a firewall and network it. Curious if anyone is using the static IP option and running the satellite through the network. I have heard that when the dish loses connection it can sometimes cause it to default its IP address. Just curious if anyone is doing this one here.