Question on Shared folders

For the life of me i can’t remember if i am doing this wrong?
I created a user and set there home folder this all works great, I made the user part of a sales group,
all good, so I then created a sales folder and added the user/group set the permissions so on.

So my question is, is there away to map the folder to the user as a network drive?
Or as I did logged on to the user account, clicked network and then just mapped the drive and clicked connect at login.

If there is I can’t remember it, I wasn’t sure if they appeared as mapped folder/drive like the home folder or you have to map them from the users account ?

As always Thanks for any info

Hi @andrewfox.texas

Check out the following for a network map of a folder:
How To Map Network Drives With Group Policy (Complete Guide)

For a home folder not sure if it is when using the %username% on the user profile and having a shared location for user folders. something like this solution Creating Mapped Network Drives VIA GPO Dynamically to Username

Ricardo

Thanks for the reply,
I have seen the gpo folder share, it’s very useful and saves time, but when mapping drives through the gpo dynamically via scripting, looks interesting, but if you’re only onboard 1 user or employee at at time, I still think the AD connect users profile home folder connect is quicker.
But some good reading none the less and on the plus side, the labs to test it.

Andrew

Correct, it is a preference I believe. Upon creating the user via PowerShell, you can also add it if you have plenty of users to make. Another way would be using the OneDrive via its GPO so no more H drives on your servers.