Roaming Profile for Paul.Hill not appearing

This is in reference to the Group Policy & Security with Windows Server Lab called “Manage Your Workstations with Group Policy”. I passed the lab up to the point where I need to configure a roaming profile for a user account. As shown, there appears to be no roaming pofile stored on \SADC01 for Paul.Hill I clicked on OK in the second window shown below to add that user.

I went through the same steps as given in “Configuring Roaming Profiles for User Accounts” on my virtual machines, one is functioning as a domain controller running Windows 2016 Server and the other is a Windows 10 Pro client being used by a domain user of that domain. Like in the lab, all steps seemed to execute successfully without any error messages but yet the roaming profile does not show up in the User Profiles list. Any idea of what’s going on here or what I’m failing to do?

Hi @jwernicke351

Might be permissions to the share folder most likely. Does Paul Hill user account Properties > Profile tab reflect the user profile path to the share folder?

Ricardo

Yes sir. I did exactly as shown, but I substituted SADC01 for IPDC01

That’s weird. The first time doing the lab It didn’t seem to work. Usually, when clicking apply on the user profile and looking at the %username% change to the username it should work, but it didn’t and the lab expired.

I tried the lab once more and got it working while following the lesson but this time I lowered the permissions on the shared folder to everyone.

Thank you.

I was curious and did it again today for a third time. It should work following the lesson:

No need to lower permissions on the share only if you want to troubleshoot the share permissions.