Roles and Features for core install

I have installed DNS just fine worked great. However, the installation or enabling of Net 3.5 feature is not working. I thought I found the fix and entered some commands that were supposed to fix this, but that did not work either. What am I missing, please? I don’t see many questions on this so seems like most people have figured this out.

Thank you

Hi @surandrew777

You can install the .NET Framework 3.5 by using the Add Roles and Features Wizard. Check the following Microsoft doc.

Ricardo

Thank you @ricardo.p that worked, however, it took the entire time of the lab is this normal.?

Thank you

So I’m wondering if this is normal I have to do labs 3-5 times to get through them. For example here is a screenshot of the lab ending and only 27% downloaded. (downloading Net 3.5 for server core)

So unfortunately I have to ask and let you know that this is taking a lot of my time; my study time. My question is does this happen throughout the entire course.

Thank you,
Andrew

Running REAL slow for me atm.
SCCM lab’s

To the point I am watching the video 3 times while the lab is crawling along.

Hi @surandrew777

We have extended 15 more minutes of the lab time to 45 minutes. When there are less than 10 minutes remaining you may extend the time you through a pop-up window by clicking Yes. This extends the lab by 15 minutes more for 1 hour of lab time.

Ricardo

Hi @andrewfox.texas

Which labs on the SCCM module are slow for you? We can check the machines and make them better.

Ricardo

For me it has been mostly SCCM, or as a reference point, the labs that have DC, WS and a dedicated server, for instance SCCM.

Granted it maybe that I am connecting at 6:00pm-8:00pm (central time zone) which are probably prime times and crossover prime times.
TBH I can always run the lab again, but some nights those hour long labs even with extensions just never complete.

On a side note, I do appreciate the fast responses, and on the SCCM videos there is references to pdf’s but there is no download, I did make word versions of all the notes, but I can’t upload them to share.
Thanks
Andrew

Thanks @andrewfox.texas we will be checking with @ServerAcademy .