Safe space to work on active directory changes in a work environment

I will get right to the point I work at IT job and our active directory needs some changes to implement group policy objects better. My question is, is there a safe place like a testing environment that my work can set up to where I can make the changes necessary to implement GPOs with out it effecting the live active directory until we’re ready to implement the new one?

1 Like

Hello Doug,
I hope I understand your question. If you are looking for a platform to test Windows server GPO’s you can certainly do that and more here at Server Academy. I will pass your request on to the instructor that created the Windows Server curriculum, and he will get back to you.

Thanks,
Robert

2 Likes

You have to build it! And it should resemble your production network as CLOSELY as possible. Same hardware (or cloud provider). Same versions of Windows Server, Windows 10 clients etc.

You can use our IT labs to test certain changes as well (like changes to the Active Directory Schema changes).

Everyone should have a dev / test environment. Hope this answers your question.

1 Like

:grinning:I appreciate the advice and the help. I will certainly keep on learning. I did come up with a outline for the new AD using Microsoft word and I submitted it to them and they seemed to love it. And I am definitely still going to do the labs but I built my own virtual lab as well.

2 Likes