SCCM Application Deployment - Cannot access MSI file

After selecting the 7-zip MSI file and changing it from the C: prompt to the Server name I click next and a error pop-up comes up and says the file either doesn’t exist or cannot be accessed. I have included a screenshot of it along with the location pasted in the notepad in order to verify the correct location. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Greetings,

1. Search that path on the SCCM01 server, be sure the .msi is present in that location.
  2. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to the folders that contain the .msi file. Domain admin would be sufficient.

Robert, actually what the problem seems to be is that the Software folder (which is shared) is located in the “Application Management” folder (which is not shared). This causes a problem when you select browse and navigate to the msi file and then only replace the “C:” part of the path. If you replace the “C:\Apllication Management” part of the path with “\SASCCM01” then it will work.

That’s right
Thanks for sharing

Robert

I am not finding any available applications to install at all. Am i in the right lab?

Hi @chrisc4

You can download the application you need like Notepad++ or any other you need to test from the Internet on the lab machine.