Unable to continue SCCM course

Hi, I started the SCCM course. Then tried a practice lab. When I tried going back to the Dashboard to continue with the SCCM course, the webpage displays “Sorry! That page doesn’t seem to exist.”

I’ve tried to log off and log back in and tried Firefox and Chrome but the issue persists.

Please advise. Thanks! I’m excited to keep learning.

Thanks for reporting this issue @henrys3 we are investigating.

Ricardo

I’m experiencing the same error messsage: “Sorry! That page doesn’t seem to exist”

This happens whenever trying to re-accesses both courses: AD & Identity With Windows Server or Installing and Configuring Windows Server.

Please help!

Something strange seems to be happening. The AD & Identity With Windows Server course came back up, but also required me to finish the lab which I did twice now, and the error page came up again with the same message: “Sorry! That page doesn’t seem to exist”

Exam Results

Score 100 / 100
Passed Yes

Activities (3)

Check IP Address

The IP Address 10.1.0.10 is configured on SADC01.

Score: 25

Check AD DS Server Role

The AD DS Server Role is installed on SADC01.

Score: 25

Check AD Promotion

The Server was promoted to a Domain Controller and the Forest Name is set properly.

Score: 50

Help!

Ths issue with the error message: “Sorry! That page doesn’t seem to exist” has been fixed.

@edwins
We are checking on your second issue with the lab.

Ricardo

Hi @edwins

We have marked the lab as complete for you.

Ricardo

Thanks for investigating this issue. I’m still getting the same “That page doesn’t seem to exist” error.
Are we only allowed to take one course at a time? Right now on my dashboard I started the WSUS course and I can access the videos just fine. The SCCM course that I started is the one that produces the error.
At this point, I’m more interested in learning SCCM, so if you have to feel free to clear out the WSUS course from my dashboard.

Hi @henrys3

There was an issue on the site that got fixed today. You can take any of the courses you want. Try login out and back into the platform, as I can confirm it has been corrected. You can even try Incognito, just in case.

I have cleared the progress from the WSUS course.

Ricardo

1 Like

Hi Ricardo,
This issue looks like it was reported back in July. If that is the case I am getting this now. Is this still an issue?
Robert

I guess not an issue anymore @robert.hill . I don’t see any recent updates.

Ok thanks,
Robert