Using SQL server joined WSUS compared to WSUS-WID Connectivity

Hello,
Previously, we install WSUS server joined WID connectivity in which computers are automatically registered when computers are joined to the domain.
But when install WSUS server joined SQL, the WSUS wizard is little bit different. My computers that are in Workstation OU and GCSCCM01 in SCCM OU are not connected and the Computers from the WSUS wizard shows 0 computers out of 0.
Is this situation correct? A short explaination could help me well understand.
Thank you!
ScreenShot ScreenShot2 WsusComputers

1 Like

Did you create the client configuration GPO to point your clients to your WSUS server?

1 Like

Thank you Instructor Paul.
I have created two GPO, one under SCCM OU and another under Workstation OU, I made a computer configuration and now my GCSCCM01 is joined now in the WSUS.
But not the GCDC01 (Domain controller). Do you think, it is correct like this?
Thank you.again.

1 Like

I would definitely point your domain controller to your WSUS server or at least configure it to download and install updates automatically from Microsoft’s update servers.

Thank you, Instructor Paul.
That was the best anwser which solve my issue.
Andre

1 Like

Hello Instructor Paul,
My @IP from GC0SCCM01 is 192.168.1.14 but inside the WSUS, the IP is like terminating with ::1. I recall that I’ve unchecked IPv6 aerlier during the IP configuration.
Could you tell me what’s wrong please?
The following attached is the screenshot. Thank you.

1 Like

You have WSUS installed on the SCCM server right? ::1 isn’t an error that’s by design it just means its the local host. Its the loop back IP address for IPv6,

2 Likes