Windows Server Backup and Restore

Good morning,

I was at an interview today for a Desktop support job and I was asked how to restore System state Incremental and differential backups in an organization

I didn’t know what to say as I had not seen it in this module, so I fumbled through it.

I will be happy if someone can put me through or I can be pointed to a documentation that describes it.

1 Like

That’s a tough question. System state backups are shown for recovering Active Directory in Module 2. I saw you’ve only completed about 25% of module 1 so you aren’t that far along yet:

https://courses.serveracademy.com/courses/take/module-2/lessons/11460879-creating-an-active-directory-system-state-backup

Differential backups (only back up files that have been changed since the last backup) are a simple checkbox:

Good day,

Hope you are well.

Following up on this request, had you been able to grasp the difference?

Kind Regards

Yes I have thank you.

I do have another questions and it is under the Tutorials, but i see no section for it.
This topic : “Implementing DFS (Distributed File System)” and " Adding a Target Folder to a Namespace"
How are these different from creating a file server and creating shares on the servers with the permissions, because it is a bit confusing while watching other videos online for file folders creation.

Hi @bernardoladosu,

You typically will create a DFS when you have multiple file servers in multiple locations with multiple shares. Users will open the shared folder and will be taken to the file server. You can group shares on multiple servers and transparently link shares into a single hierarchical namespace. Users will no longer need to remember the server name and path of the file. These can be organized under the namespace.

More information can be found here:

Ricardo.