Installing Configuration Manager: Prerequisite Files

When choosing a file path for the required prerequisite files when installing the configuration manager I get the error: "An error has occurred while attempting to download or verify required prerequisite components and Setup cannot continue. Review the configmgrsetup.log file for further information.

The file path I created for the prerequisite files is the following:

C:\SC_Configmgr_SCEP_1902\ConfigManInstall

Troubleshooting:

Created a folder titled “ConfigManInstall” that contains a file called setupdl.exe and a folder I created titled 00000409 which contains a file titled “setupdlres.dll”. Both files were copied from C:\SC_Configmgr_SCEP_1902\SMSSETUP\BIN\X64

and

I tried running setupdl.exe from C:\SC_Configmgr_SCEP_1902\SMSSETUP\BIN\X64 to dowload the required files. Same result

and

I tried going to services and set the startup type for WIndows Update Properties to “Automatic” and selected Apply. Same result.

Here are the recurring 3 error lines from the log file.

ERROR: WinHttpSendRequest failed 80072ee7 $$<03-22-2021 18:49:18.576+420><thread=692 (0x2B4)>
ERROR: Download() failed with 0x80072EE7 $$<03-22-2021 18:49:18.606+420><thread=692 (0x2B4)>
ERROR: Failed to download language pack manifest (0x80072EE7) $$<03-22-2021 18:49:18.644+420><thread=692 (0x2B4)>

1 Like

Update: If anyone can provide with the needed files/folders I need in my prerequisites file or where to find them, that might fix this issue.

2 Likes

The SCCM installer will automatically download the files if you haven’t previously downloaded them. You just need to chose the location. If you’re using our IT labs then it is at the following path:

Or download them with the installer:

Below is a screenshot of the contents of my ConfigManInstall folder. Are there additional files that I am missing that could be the cause of the error when I try do download?

Capture

1 Like

Yes this doesnt look like its enough. Is there a setup file inside of C:\SC_Configmgr_SCEP_1902? If so, run that instead.

Hello Paul,

I ran into the same issue that tannerjonesdsu ran into as well. I am doing my own IT Lab and was doing fine until I was not able to download the prerequisite files due to the following log errors:

error

I also searched online for the SCCM prereq files for 1902 but I could not find them. Do you or does anyone happen to have the required prerequisite files needed to complete this installation?

Best,
Lanre

Hi @Lanreajala79

See if you can download the SCCM prerequisite files offline using ConfigMgr setup media. When you first launch the splash.hta, you get a welcome screen or a setup window. Under Tools and Standalone components, click Download required prerequisite files.

Ricardo

Hello @ricardo.p

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I still got the same error. I did a ping test and I was able to reach google and my domain controller from my sccm server so Im not too sure what the issue is. Any suggestions?

Best,
Lanre

1 Like

Try if the download works on a different Computer, e.g. a Workstation out of your own IT Lab environment.

You can use the “SetupDL.exe” from the Installation Media, so you don’t need to execute the Installation wizard.

This is just in case there’s an issue inside your virtual machines. Make sure there’s no proxy or web filter in between your computer to the Internet.

Ricardo

Thanks for the response.

I was able to resolve the issue by installing SCCM 2103 instead of 1902. The prereq files with that version installed on Hyper-V with no issues.

Best,
Lanre

Great! Thanks for posting your solution.

1 Like

I am new to this platform and I was following this install for my school sccm environment and I am having issues getting passed this stage. on the AD server i made a sqlservcie account with a password and that acco

unt is a domain admin account. please advise

also what would be a direct email for you. I am studying to become a sys admin since I now have the job of one, I have been studying to be one for over 1 year technically. need the right teacher.

Hi @jake.heilbroun

You can always post your questions here. We try to answer your questions in less than 24 hours and you can get an answer from any of the instructors.

Ricardo.

It can be a bit finicky sometimes, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a powerful tool! Regarding your file path issue, it sounds like you’ve done some thorough troubleshooting already. The error lines from the log file seem to point towards a connectivity problem, possibly with the WinHTTP service. Have you checked your firewall settings or any proxy configurations that might be blocking the download?

As for deploying operating systems via SCCM task sequences, it’s a game-changer for sure. I’d recommend checking out learnmesccm.com for some handy guides and tips. It’s been a lifesaver for me as I’ve been navigating my way through SCCM.