No one responds!

I’ve been a member here for quite a few months and am curious as to how it works in the community forum. I have posted issues I’ve had while working on the modules but I’ve yet to get a response. How do I get someone to respond to my posts?

2 Likes

Hi @bigword,

Thank you for being part of our community.
I’ve been keen to check all your posts here since 6/12/2021, and I found a response from Server Academy Support for each one of them. We are always here and happy to respond to all the issues.

Please let us know how we can be of help.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @bigword

First we are glad to have you as a member of Server Academy! I took a look at your questions that you’ve posted as this is a big concern if my team isn’t responding to you. I found two topics that you posted on the community:

Creating User Accounts with Active Directory - Answered by jjqsar and @ricardo.p

Windows Server Installation - Answered by me and @ricardo.p . Ricardo asked you for a follow up but you did not respond.

I didn’t find any other topics. Can you please provide a link to the topic where you posted but we did not respond? Or perhaps you are not getting email notifications? If so, you need to change your notification settings: https://community.serveracademy.com/u/bigword/preferences/notifications

Thanks,
Paul

1 Like

I apologize. Thank you for your response. I’ll check my notification settings.

Not a problem, @bigword. Always feel free to let us know when you need assistance.

Based on the script, which seems to be correct, any idea why It won’t run and I get the error message in the screenshot?

Hi @bigword,

There might be an issue with the file contents and the script that was written. Can you share the script to check on the lab?

It seems is an issue in the CSV for the distingushedName attribute.

Try to see if replacing the one in the cdv file from the desktop with the following works:

Ricardo

I replaced the DN attributes for each of the 10 users with the version in your screen shot. It seems to have made things worse.

I saw the same message as you did when doing the lab:

Basically, I was just typing the PowerShell Script from the lesson on Creating User Accounts from a CSV (Comma Separated Value) File downloading the script found at the bottom of the lesson named CreateADUsersFromCSV.zip

Since that was not working, I examined the file on the Desktop since from the error I saw it was trying to add the values but with no success and noticed that the highlighted did not match the environment.

What I did then was to replace the distinguishedName value in each line of the text file, saving and executing again.

I did not saw errors in PowerShell this time and the users appeared in AD.

You can try to follow the same steps to see if it works this time. Share the steps in case there’s something missing.

Still no luck. I copied the Distinguishing name into the text file, reran the script, and got another error message.

HELP!

The issue seems to be with the PowerShell script with the UserPrincipalName.

I have tried replicating that error message but it seems I am not able to reproduce it as I cannot see the full script.

You can check the code in the CreateADUsersFromCSV.zip

I’ve attached my script. It looks identical to the file you sent me so I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve studied that script all day. I can’t figure out what the problem is with the user principal name…the value seems to somewhat be identical to the ‘Name’ value so what if I just remove the UPN from the script and run it, then?

Yes, you can remove the UPN and run it, it should create the user with that field empty.

Ok. Cool. But could you figure out what went wrong based on the script?

We will be checking…

As you suggested, I removed the UPN portion of the script but it still won’t run and gave me another error message. Help! :slight_smile:

I posted the script and new error message. Let me know what you think is wrong. Thanks.

This time, I only used a small portion of the script and ran it…still no luck!