Struck on downloading new sccm version in updating sccm

When I follow @robert.hill post SCCM prerequisite files - #7 by robert.hill

Everything has worked, however, when following Server Academy

I don’t see any Compatibility chart for the latest version and which latest version to download for that link Server Academy

Hi @andrewjames21c

Here you can find the support for Windows ADK versions and the Support for Windows 10 in Configuration Manager

If you need further clarification let us know.

Ricardo

Since looking at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/plan-design/configs/support-for-windows-10

wins 10 pro version
since i have windows 10 pro which is 21H2 and the current configmgr2103 would the upgrade to download is either configmgr 2107,configmgr 2111 or configmgr 2203 also I have windows server 2019 which version is 1809

Hi @andrewjames21c

You can upgrade to 2203 following this detailed guide:

https://www.systemcenterdudes.com/step-by-step-sccm-2203-upgrade-guide/

Ricardo

configuration mgr 2203 warning part 2

Trying to update the configuration manager 2203 but got the warning since following that video lesson however for unknown reason that virtualbox kept shutting down for sadc01 which runs at 55% for 2gb ram and sasccm01 which also runs at 85% for 4gb. My question is should I increase more ram since my current desktop ram can go up to 32gb of ram total. Update, I’ve tried increasing ram for both sadc01 and saccm01 and same problem the virtualbox shuts down automatically sometimes few hours

Any advice on what to do with the updated pack installation status since I’m stuck on that status based on the screenshot I took and I don’t know what to do. I took a snapshot from the virtualbox before the upgrade occurred and I have no idea of what is the next step. @ricardo.p

Not sure why VirtualBox might be shutting down but you can increase the CPU to the SASCCM01 since the upgrade might need more CPU as well. Then you can revert if not having enough. Maybe there’s a new version available that you can upgrade, just in case.

Let me review it with instructor @robert.hill and we will get back to you.

Ricardo

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New links for Configuration Manager 2103 or 2203

Hi @ricardo.p and @robert.hill thanks for the updates however, due to consent virtualbox that keep shutting down the SASCCM01 and SADC01 automatically. I’m going to have to start deleting the virtualbox and start all over again but it will take about 1-2 weeks just to rebuild from scrach on my virtualbox and I’ll wait until the new links are updated to the sccm modules site since these installation of sccm has been very challenging for me to install that program especially since Microsoft kept updating these config sccm software program.

Ok, we will post an update once they are published.

which in module 8 that I can start Server Academy while waiting for the new links for sccm.

You can do the first 3 sections of Module 8 up to the SCCM lab Setup. With this, you will have the servers and client machine ready to install SCCM.

Any updates when is the newest links are going to be up for sccm and also for download windows 10 pro 1809 iso download. It no longer works on the virtualbox and should I download the new windows 10 pro iso instead on microsoft official site.

Hi @robert.hill

Can you post the links here?

thank you,

Ricardo.

Hey I just checked the Microsoft Evaluation Center and they have finally fixed their page. Here is a new baseline version of Configuration Manager and you can get it from this link.
This version is 2203 so it is the latest.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/download-microsoft-endpoint-configuration-manager

@robert.hill thanks for the updates and quick question, since that windows 10 pro 1809 iso download no longer works on the virtualbox should I download the latest ISO program. Also from my past experience of installing sccm for sadc01 and sasccm01 sometimes the virtualbox will automatically shutdown again. I will follow the link that you posted for the sccm install SCCM prerequisite files - #7 by robert.hill the only thing I will install is the new version of 2203.

Hi @andrewjames21c

Yes, you can go ahead and download the latest ISO available.

Regarding the shutdown with VirtualBox, that’s something unexpected. Are they shutting down randomly or after running for a while, like 1 hour? I have seen that using unactivated or eval versions of Windows Server 2016 after 180 days will shut down automatically after one hour.

Ricardo

@ricardo.p @robert.hill I ran into the problem when trying to find msvr120.dill file which is msvr140.dill file that I tried to find it in sc configmgr file based on tutorial. Server Academy

no msvcr dill file part 2

Hi @andrewjames21c

For the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (Current Branch – version 2203) you need the following files:

extadsch.exe
mfc140.dll
vcruntime140.dll
vcruntime140_1.dll

With these files, you can run extadsch.exe with no errors, and successfully extend the AD schema on a new AD installation, if the schema has not been extended previously.

Ricardo